St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church Spartanburg, SC Serving Greenville, SC
- St. Nicholas will be hosting the Greenville and Asheville communities for Pre-Sanctified Liturgy Wednesday, March 4 at 6:00 PM. There will be a covered dish lenten meal following the service.
- St. George Greek Orthodox Church in Greenville will be hosting Presanctified Liturgy March 11th at 6:00PM.
- Holy Trinity in Asheville will be hosting Presanctified Liturgy March 18th at 6:00 PM.
- His Grace, Bishop Gregory of Nyssa, will bring the weeping icon of Panagia Kardiotissa March 6-8 to St. Nektarios in Charlotte, NC. The icon resides at St. George Church in Taylor Pennsylvania. Friday, March 06 Presentation of the Icon, Saturday, March 7 Veneration of the Icon 9-11 a.m. and 2-4p.m., Speaker Presentation by Bishop Gregory of Nyssa 6pm, Vespers and Anointing followed by Reception 7pm. http://www.stnektarios.org/announce_attach/245.pdf
- Dance practice will follow coffee hour on the second Sunday of each month.
St. Nicholas is a Greek Orthodox Church in Spartanburg, SC. We serve the needs of Orthodox Christians in the Spartanburg area as well as the Upstate of South Carolina. We welcome all Orthodox Christians as well as people of all faiths to explore our church and our faith. Whether you have been Orthodox all your life or if you’re just learning, the Archdiocese of North America has a plethora of information regarding the tenants of our faith. Click here to view the information.
Our Sunday services typically begin with Orthros at 9:15 A.M. followed by the Divine Liturgy at 10:00 A.M. Weekday services vary depending upon the particular feast day. We also invite all in attendance to join us for coffee hour immediately following the Divine Liturgy on Sunday. Please contact us for more information about our church and our faith. Father George Nayfa can be reached at the church office most weekdays at 864-585-5961.
We also host our annual Greek Festival on the church grounds every September. You can find Greek dancing, plenty of food, vendors with Greek related merchandise, and fun for the entire family. It has grown from a weekend of fun to five days of celebrating Greek culture. We invite everyone in Spartanburg and the rest of the Upstate to attend this event. We hope to see you there.
If you’re in need of a large space for your upcoming event, out Hellenic Center is available for rent. We host weddings, anniversary parties, birthday parties, community functions, and other events. If you’re interested, please click here for more information.