- Start thinking about our upcoming BAKE SALE and LUNCHEON on Wednesday April 1. We need plenty of volunteers. This is a great way to raise money for the church. Please help if you can.
- Saturday of Lazarus is next Saturday, April 4th. We will have a morning Liturgy followed by a coffee hour and folding palms for Palm Sunday. We would love to see everyone attend!
- The Palm Sunday luncheon is Sunday, April 5th following the Divine Liturgy.
- There is a Wish List set up in the hall for items we need for Holy Week services. Please take the time to look over the list and sign up to bring something if you can. There is also a basket for flowers for the Epitaphio. Thank you for your generosity during one of the most glorious times of the year.
- GOYA will be selling luminaries for Holy Friday service. Luminaries are $5 per bag and can contain up to names of person to be remembered. Please see a GOYA member after church to purchase one.
- The Philoptochos Society will be dying eggs for Pascha. If you would like to save a little time during this busy season, please see a member of Philoptochos, The price of a dozen eggs is $5.00.
- Dance practice will be held on the 22nd of March following coffee hour.
St. Nicholas is a Greek Orthodox Church in Spartanburg, SC. We serve the needs of Orthodox Christians in the Spartanburg area as well as the Upstate of South Carolina. We welcome all Orthodox Christians as well as people of all faiths to explore our church and our faith. Whether you have been Orthodox all your life or if you’re just learning, the Archdiocese of North America has a plethora of information regarding the tenants of our faith. Click here to view the information.
Our Sunday services typically begin with Orthros at 9:15 A.M. followed by the Divine Liturgy at 10:00 A.M. Weekday services vary depending upon the particular feast day. We also invite all in attendance to join us for coffee hour immediately following the Divine Liturgy on Sunday. Please contact us for more information about our church and our faith. Father George Nayfa can be reached at the church office most weekdays at 864-585-5961.
We also host our annual Greek Festival on the church grounds every September. You can find Greek dancing, plenty of food, vendors with Greek related merchandise, and fun for the entire family. It has grown from a weekend of fun to five days of celebrating Greek culture. We invite everyone in Spartanburg and the rest of the Upstate to attend this event. We hope to see you there.
If you’re in need of a large space for your upcoming event, our Hellenic Center is available for rent. We host weddings, anniversary parties, birthday parties, community functions, and other events. If you’re interested, please click here for more information.